Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Your Training Is Almost Complete

OK.  I have got to be the most transparent, obvious, predictable person I know.  Once again, we start our Monpoc game by choosing monsters from the same faction.  Or to be more accurate, Steve chooses the one monster that is the perfect foil to my monster.  He does it all the time.  I thought and thought all day about how to be unpredictable, take a chance, try a monster I lost with, etc.  So I bring Muscustos to the table and he brings Mantacon.  Well, to be sure this would be a quick and painful ending for me.  So he graciously decides to change his monster to Drillcon-Vorionnic.  Let the games begin!

At first, I thought I would have a decent chance to hold my own.  I took a chance on a few risky moves that didn't pay out at all.  My only saving grace was that Steve didn't have much of an opportunity to exploit my weakness.  He did take out my Alpha form quite quickly, but I did not get discouraged.  I pressed on!

At one point, there was an opening to smash him across the board and deal some pretty hefty damage.  I did so.  From that point on, I just had to keep my distance and mucus-tize him.  Ultra-Muscustos is a very effective shooter.  So the victory was mine!

What's worse than a beat up subterranean?  A mucus covered beat up subterranean!

  I keep learning a lot from watching Steve beat me up every game.   He is one of the best miniatures gamers I know.  It was a very close game.  The best I have played so far.  I think I am becoming a better challenge.  That is a lot more satisfying for me than winning!  But winning is cool too.
Rob

2 comments:

  1. It was VERY close. As in, Rob kills me this turn, or I do it next turn. A satisfying game either way :). Definitely were a few things I could've done better, I'm sure, but Rob sure made it tough to do much of anything!

    "He is one of the best miniatures gamers I know."

    Although I could always use the ego boost (yeah right ;) ), I'll point out that Monsterpocalypse isn't really a miniatures game. It's a board game using miniatures. No 'real' line of sight issues, frontage concerns, or even non-grid movement. It's a fun game, of course, but I don't think it fits the miniature game category.

    "Or to be more accurate, Steve chooses the one monster that is the perfect foil to my monster."

    That's because I know how you think! Once I get past the dirtiness, this part is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirtiness? Please. I take a shower almost every day. And don't you know that looking at nekkid people is just another form of art?

    ReplyDelete